It’s as they always say – the hardest part is finding where to start.
Marketing objectives should not be plucked from the sky or created randomly. They must align with your brand and business strategy. Developing marketing objectives helps you understand what path you need to take in order to move towards your business goals, complete your mission and realise your vision.
Below is a simple example to get you started with developing your marketing objectives.
- Create, formulate or pick one of your business objectives. Business objective – Increase overall revenue by 10% in 2015.
- What do you need to do in order to get there? What is your strategy or approach? Business strategy – Higher value sales per transaction.
- What activities could you use to achieve this? Campaign/Offer – Free shipping on orders over $100.
- Now you are ready to set your marketing goals. Let’s get the word out – If nobody knows about your free shipping offer you cannot expect a successful outcome. Marketing objective – Create awareness of free shipping campaign.
- What activity will assist you in meeting this objective? See list below for examples.
- Include offer in weekly newsletter to previous customers,
- Post offer in social media platforms,
- Sponsored posts in social media platforms, and
- Include banner on website and apply discount automatically at checkout.
There will be more to come from Thread Marketing on objectives in the future but for now, keep it simple and just get started! Remember to track your results and traffic to your website to understand what has worked well.
//Learn more about objectives
Join Thread Marketing’s tribe of talented business owners and grab your free copy of my ebook to help you set objectives like a pro. Learn more or simply complete the form below.
Let’s Grow Together
Get your free copy of my ebook where I share my secrets on how to set killer objectives with you + worksheets to help you develop your own objectives setting you up for success.